Monday, March 24, 2008

Best Guitar Solo of All Time?

OK, so here's the first question: In your opinion, what's the best guitar solo of all time?

Sure, this has been asked over and over... but I think everyone has a different view on what "great" means to them. There's also other factors that come into the equation, like hearing that awesome song with the awesome solo at a certian time in your life. Maybe there's certain songs that give you that chill when you hear it. There's a lot to consider when choosing what you think is the best solo. For me, I simply listen to how well the solo blends with the song, the tone, the ability of the guitarist, the technical challenge of the solo, etc. For me, all that considered, including personal feelings, I think Pink Floyd's Confortably Numb is by far the best of all time.

What do you guys think?? Also... enjoy the video from "The Wall".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Very nice looking blog! Keep it updated and I'll be back all the time. Anyway, I have to say I disagree with ya about Numb. Yep, it's awesome. But I think the best solo is still Stairway to Heaven. A close second is Freebird. PF is great, but Stairway just tops all em.
Great going... keep the questions coming: music my life!!

Anonymous said...

Nope, I disagree with you. Best solo EVER is One by Metallica. Just love Kirt Hammet!! He's bad ass!